Top 10 Benefits Of Spa Treatments
It is necessary to escape into another world due to our busy work schedule. There are lots of health benefits to shun all external stimuli and work on our inner selves –from a couple of hours to a few weeks.
For us busy urbanite, we can choose a city day spa. If we can afford the time, take a couple of weeks off – fly to a new destination such as Inle Lake. A change of environment can be good for the soul and before making your hotel reservation, ask the hotel staff for example ask our reservation staff at Sanctum Inle Resort or Google the selected hotel websites to see if there is a spa onsite and also go through the spa menu to get an idea of what treatments are available.
So what does a day spa in the hotel provide? It can be a space to pamper ourselves in much needed “me” time, to chill out, relax, recharge, reflect, detox and re-energise. Day spas cater to a range of health promoting experiences. The curative powers of massage therapies have been developed on since early times. Spas and massage therapies are thus naturally connected. The caring touch of a skilled therapists’ hands on our bodies benefits beyond the physical.
So here’s our list of 10 benefits of spa we can achieve through therapeutic massages.
- Disengaged from work, family and friends.
- Slow down and allows the body to re-generate.
- Improves blood circulation hence sending more oxygen and nutrients through the body and cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to rid the body of toxins.
- Releases Serotonin and enhancing the “feel good” factors.
- Relives chronic pain situations – arthritis, sciatica and muscle spasms.
- Body exfoliating treatments polishes the skin, promotes cells re-generation, refines pores and offers skin relief.
- Water is yin and yang – when body is submerged in water, it offers true balance.
- Heat treatments to stimulate blood circulation and initiate purifying process.
- Body wraps to re-mineralise the body, re-charge the body with nutrients and elements, boosting moisture in the skin, helping to rejuvenate and relax the body and mind.
July 5, 2018
June 6, 2017